Supervised Visitation Centers
The TLC Supervised Visitation Centers
- Provide a child focused safe place for abused and neglected children in foster care to have regular visitation with their family of origin.
- All visits are supervised by trained staff and visit schedules offer more regular and frequent family time.
- The center and supervisors eliminate tension that is inevitable when temporary caregivers or relatives supervise visits, and decrease the likelihood of conflict between parents in the child’s presence.
Supervised visitation allows the children we serve to maintain strong, nurturing relationships with their parents while in foster care.
Services We Offer
- Supervised family visitation
- Center based parent education
- Children’s transportation services
- Case management & service coordination
- Resource referrals
- Anger management classes
- Certified parenting education classes
- Drug screen testing
Families must be referred for visitation services by their DFCS case manager, attorney, or judge.
The Visitation Centers are ideal for families with children in out of home care due to:
- Chronic Instability
- Child Abuse/Neglect
- Substance Abuse
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Pending Investigations
- Estrangement of Parent and Child
- A child-friendly family environment
- Snacks and drinks for children
- Toys, games, and videos for children of all ages